A composite filling is a tooth coloured resin and glass mixture used to restore decayed or broken teeth. By using enamel and dentin bonding techniques, white fillings restore teeth that have become damaged as a result of tooth decay or injury. White fillings are used as an alternative to amalgam (silver) fillings.
- White fillings can restore not only teeth cavities caused by decay, but chipped, broken and worn teeth.
• The colour can be harmonised to your normal tooth colour to appear natural, so it is not noticeable when you smile.
• May be used as a veneer over stained or discoloured teeth.
• Preparation and treatment requires less time.
• Can be combined with other dental treatments, such as inlays, crowns and bridges.